There are so many interesting things about Fayetteville that make it unique to North Carolina. Check out these fun facts about our hometown – you never know what you might learn!
- Fayetteville was established in 1783 when the two towns of Cross Creek and Campbelltown merged together along the Cape Fear River.
- The Fayetteville Observer is the oldest newspaper in North Carolina.
- Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run in Fayetteville on March 7, 1914.
- Fayetteville missed being the state capitol by one vote!
- This year marks the 225th anniversary of the state of North Carolina joining the Union, and that ratification was signed right here in Fayetteville!