source Celebrating Memorial Day comes with traditions of grilling, camping and beach weekends with the family. Fayetteville will commemorate the federal holiday, which is on the last Monday of each May, as a community with a few fun events going on throughout town:
- Thursday, May 26: There will be a Memorial Day Senior Veterans Lunch open to any veteran or the spouse of a deceased veteran at the Hope Mills Recreation Center.
- Friday, May 27: Enjoy all the racing action at the Fayetteville Motor Speedway with a family-friendly race, The Memorial I-95.
- Saturday, May 28: The Color Run Tropicolor World Tour 2016 is bringing a 5k paradise straight to Fayetteville with a sweet Tropicolor Zone on course, all-new Rainbow Beach at the Finish Festival, and a fresh island-style participant kit.
- Sunday, May 29: The Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra and the Army Ground Forces Band of Fort Bragg present their fourth annual free concert as a symphonic salute to the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Monday, May 30: Join the greater Fayetteville community in honoring those Cumberland County veterans who died in wartime at the annual Fayetteville Memorial Day Ceremony.
For more information on the weekend events, visit here. Happy Memorial Day, Fayetteville!