The holidays are a time where many of us can be found in the kitchen! Why not experiment with some new, easy dishes and treats? Here are three awesome fall recipes inspired by our Marketfair restaurants:
Put your Thanksgiving leftovers to good use by creating the ultimate savory sandwich, inspired by Which Wich’s Thank You Turkey Sandwich!
- Toast two slices of bread of your choice
- Add leftover sliced turkey – thick or thin!
- Add leftover stuffing
- Top with two tablespoons of cranberry sauce
Your leftover veggies don’t have to go to waste, either! Heat up the kitchen with an easy Hibachi Vegetables recipe inspired by Mikoto Japanese Express.
- Slice vegetables of your choice (zucchini, carrots and onion work well!) and saute in oil
- Once the veggies are soft, pour in one tablespoon of soy sauce, two tablespoons of terryaki sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Cook until tender, about 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with seasame seeds and serve hot!
If you’re not looking to whip up food in the kitchen but want a tasty seasonal beverage, try Rocket Fizz’s Pumpkin Pie flavored soda or make your own Pumpkin Spiced Latte at home!
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk ½ cup of milk, one tablespoon of sugar, one tablespoon of pumpkin puree, a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup of milk
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the pulp. Place the mixture back in the pan and whisk for 2 minutes while it simmers
- Add ¼ cup brewed coffee or espresso and whisk until foamy